United Kingdom

Select Education System Australian Education System Canada Education System Dubai Education System France Education System Ireland Education System NewZealand Education System Singapore Education System Switzerland Education System UK Education System USA Education System



65% and above for humanities in XIIth.
70 - 80% and above for Science, Commerce, Engg in Std. XII / Diploma.
2nd class could also be considered by some Universities if there is some additional qualification / experience.
Completed / will complete 18 years of age before joining a degree program.


60% and above in 1st degree is required by most of the Universities for Masters and Research courses.
Some may even take students at 55% and above in the 1st degree.
GMAT scores ranging between 500 - 650 by many Universities for Management Programs if required.
Full time work experience of at least 1 - 3 years after 1st degree required by many Universities for Management Programs (MBA). The same may vary from University to University
For Management Programs (MBA), some Universities have a minimum entry age of 25 years.


IELTS minimum score of 6.5 for Postgraduate and 6.0 for Undergraduate Studies.
TOEFL score of 237 for Postgraduate and 223 for Undergraduate Studies.
Exemption is possible if student has scored above 70% in English language in the XII std. (English Medium) & if medium of instruction throughout school & college was English.





Arts, Humanities£ 6,000 to £ 9,000 per yearRs. 5,04,000 - 7,56,000
Engineering / Science£ 6,500 to £ 11,500 per yearRs. 5,46,000 - 9,66,000
Business£ 8,000 to £ 16,500 per yearRs. 6,72,000 - 13,86,000

Student visas are relatively easy to obtain. Most of the applicants from India who provide a confirmed offer from a UK University and evidence of financial support for tuition fees and living costs are issued visas. In addition to our academic counsellors at EEC also have dedicated visa counsellors who are trained in visa formalities to help students with the above. Its important that you hold on unconditional offer from a university t apply for a visa. Along with the visa form you need to submit personal information, academic qualifications, financial strengths etc. Generally you are granted a visa for the entire duration of the course in the UK. All student visas are Multi Entry Visas.

Student Accommodation in UK

Your home can be called many things in the UK like Residence, Yard, Hall, Homestay,or pad, but whatever it's called Sindibad team knows applying for accommodation can be stressful, especially if you're doing it for the first time as it might be totally different in your country. To help you out we've listed some of the more popular options available for student living in the UK. We've also covered the finer details like how to sort out internet connection and a how to get a TV license. If you need any further information and guidance, most universities have a housing office and an accommodation office where advisors can help you find a place to live.

How do I choose my accommodation?

There are lots of different accommodation options available for students in the UK. The most common are student accommodation provided by your university, private student accommodation and renting from a private landlord. We can help you with the accommodation provided by your university or English school.

University accommodation

Private student accommodation

Renting a house or flat



If you decide to rent a flat or house you'll need to think about bills as they're rarely included in your rent!

Gas and electricity

You'll probably need to arrange a gas and electricity provider to ensure you can cook your meals and watch TV! There are many different companies in the UK that provide gas and electricity and prices vary a lot between them. A good tip is to use price comparison sites like Compare the Market and Save on Your Bills to ensure you get the best deals.

TV license

If you want to watch telly, you'll need to apply and pay for a TV license, which you need to have by law in order to set up a TV in your home. A license will be needed from students living in halls, a bedsit or a flat. If you live in a shared house, you only need one license per house so long as you have a joint tenancy but if you have separate agreements with the landlord, you'll need to get separate licenses. The license fee will get you the five terrestrial channels, which are BBC1, BBC2, ITV, Channel 4, and Channel 5. If you love watching TV and want loads of additional channels you will have to sign up for cable or satellite. You can find out more information on TV licenses here www.tvlicensing.co.uk, including how to apply for one and the cost.


The internet is such an important part of a student's life, so we know you'll be keen to get internet connection in your home right away. If you're living in student halls then it's likely the internet connection will be ready for you from day one and the cost of it will probably be wrapped up in your rent. If you're renting a house or a flat, you'll probably need to arrange internet connection. All internet providers will need a telephone line to run the internet through, so you'll need to get this sorted first. Alternatively you can buy a dongle, a small device which you plug into your computer or laptop that you can buy through most mobile phone network providers. That way you can have internet access wherever you are. There are a lot of companies that provide broadband connection such as Sky, Virgin and BT and many of them offer bundles (e.g. broadband, telephone and satellite/cable TV) which can sometimes be a good way to save money. You can use comparison sites such as Compare the Market or Go Compare to find the best deals. One thing you should keep in mind is the length of time you plan to stay at that address – it's usually cheaper to get a yearly contract, but most companies offer short-term contracts too.

Council tax

If you live in a property where all the residents are full-time students you won't need to pay Council Tax (hooray!). You might be asked to present a certificate proving your student status, which you can get from your faculty office at your university after you've registered on your course. If one or more occupant isn't a student, the property becomes taxable. You'll need to clarify whether you're expected to pay towards it. There is no Council Tax in Northern Ireland, but there is a different local tax, which you may need to pay. If you're still unsure about your status with regard to Council Tax, Sibdibad  team recommends you seek guidance from your Student Advice Centre. Close

Can my family live with me?

If you need a student visa to enter the UK, your family will too. Most universities offer rooms which are suitable for couples, so you should check with your university if they can offer you this. For students renting a private flat or house, you'll need to ensure you're following regulations on how many people can live in one room. Your landlord or university will give you details on how many people you're able to have in your accommodation. Close

Getting help

Help from your university

If you're unhappy with your accommodation or have questions, the first step would be speaking to your university's accommodation/housing office, the Student Union Welfare Officer or your Residential Advisor (sometimes called RAs). Bare in mind, most universities now manage their housing to comply with government-approved codes (meaning they need to be up to a certain standard). If you want to read more about this click here.

Citizen's Advice Bureau

If you need any more help or advice, you can always contact the Citizen's Advice Bureau, which is a really handy, independent charity based around the UK that gives confidential information, guidance to people with money, legal, consumer and other problems. The best thing is it's absolutely free! Visit their website at www.citizensadvice.org.uk.


• Full name : United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
• Population : 61.6 million (UN, 2009)
• Capital : London
• Area : 242,514 sq km (93,638 sq miles)
• Major language : English
• Major religion : Christianity
• Life expectancy : 77 years (men), 82 years (women) (UN)
• Monetary unit : 1 pound sterling = 100 pence
• Main exports : Manufactured goods, chemicals, foodstuffs
• GNI per capita : US $45,390 (World Bank, 2008)
• Internet domain : uk
• International dialling code : > +44


Contrary to popular belief quite friendly
Open to diverse culture.
Traditional in value system


Over 60 million people
Ranked 18th in population census
Quarter million International students at any given time


4 Seasons: Winter, Spring, Summer and Autumn
Temperatures vary from -5oC to 32oC.
South of UK is warmer than north of UK.
The Cities are warmer than Counties
Most noticeable climate feature : long summer days and short winter days


England : South East England - London, Portsmouth South West England - Bath, Exeter Midlands - Newcastle, Bradford, Derby
Scotland : Dundee, Stirling, Glasgow, Edinburgh
Wales : Cardiff
Northern Ireland : Belfast


Scenic Countryside
Beautiful Beaches
Glens, Scottish Lochs and Scottish Highlands
Caverns and tableaux in Wales


Cinemas, Theatre and Film Societies
Pubs and Night Clubs
Football, Cricket, Rugby

TWES "Training and Work Experience Scheme"

which was initiated in 1999. It states that if an international student (Non - European) is able to find a job relevant to his field of study in the UK with a British - based employer, that student can stay on and work full time through this particular scheme for a maximum period of 2 years. Only an employer based in UK can apply for a TWES permit. Recruitment or employment agencies and other similar businesses cannot apply for the TWES permit. TWES permits are normally issued for a person to do work based training for a professional or specialist qualification. TWES permits are only approved on the clear understanding that the person intends to return overseas at the end of the agreed period.

IGS "International Graduate Scheme"

will enable international students who have acquired a bachelor degree or higher qualification in any subject from a recognized UK higher education institution to be able to apply to stay on to work in the UK for up to one year.
It will be a transitional route from studying in the UK into skilled work. Extensions of the leave in the category will not be permitted and it will itself be a route to settlement.


Working in Scotland Scheme is part of the Scottish Executive's Fresh Talent initiative. It encourages people to consider living and working in Scotland as well as supporting efforts to retain indigenous people who wish to begin, or to further, their careers in Scotland. It is open for all Non EEA nationals with an HND, Degree Course, Master, PhDs at a Scottish University and have lived in Scotland during their studies to apply to stay in Scotland for up to two years after completing their studies to seek and undertake work.
For more information log on to www.scotlandistheplace.com


A small minority of students will be able to apply under this scheme. The programme is designed for all individuals with exceptional personal skills and experience to seek and undertake work in the UK without a Work Permit. You must achieve 65 points under the criteria of the scheme to qualify and you can selfassess your score before you apply. Although you must show the efforts you have made so far in finding work, you need not necessarily have a job offer.
The areas where one can earn points are in the educational background and qualifications, graduate or specialist level work experience and past earnings. There is a 10-points allowance for an application with a partner who has a degree or has previously been employed in a graduate level job.
If you are under 28 years old, there is a separate criterion for work experience and past earnings to the standard assessment and an age allowance of 5 points. Extended
For more details log on to www.workingintheuk.uk


This scheme permits students who have studied in any of the Top 50 Business Schools world wide to work in UK for 12 months. Some of the universities are University of Strathclyde, Bradford, Manchester etc. The schemes and their terms and conditions change frequently, so to ensure you find out the most accurate and up-to-date information, you should look at www.homeoffice.gov.uk or www.workingtheuk.gov.uk


Students can work upto 20 hours a week during term time and full time during vacations.

Students can earn around £5 - £7 per hour i.e. approx £400 - £560 per month (Rs. 33600 - Rs. 47040) during term.

Students can work full time during vacations.

Students could look out for part-time jobs by looking in the local newspapers and job shops as well as the Universities and Colleges career cells where information is available about vacancies. However please note that students are not guaranteed part time employment by the University.

Incase your job category is in the shortage list it is easier to get a work permit. Some important fields in the shortage list are Engineers, Biomedical, Teachers, Dietician, Community & Social Welfare workers, Nursing, IT, etc.

If you are going to the UK as a student for six months or less, you must ask the Entry Clearance Officer for permission to work.


UK has one of the strongest economies in the world thus there is an immense opportunity available to students who are armed with an international qualification.
"UK degree are generally seen as developing independent thinking and skills which employers worldwide attach a great deal of value". UK universities have put a great deal of effort into preparing students for the global market. UK has listed out certain key areas where there is a shortage of manpower hence international students have a good opportunity in areas like engineering, nursing etc.



If your visa is refused and you have paid a deposit to your institution for tuition fees then you will receive a refund of the deposit when you send the institution a copy of your visa refusal letter from the High Commission. A few institutions deduct a small amount usually no more than £ 100 for processing the refund payment.



Some universities require the students to pay part of the tuition fees in advance in order to reserve a place for them in the university. In any case we recommend that all students should make a deposit payment as it facilitates in getting a student visa.
For the English School, the student must pay for the Institute to get the KAS Letter.



British Universities do not have a formal ranking system but the government does take the responsibility to monitor and control the quality of education provided by each university through the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education. The Government conducts a Research Assessment Exercise once in every 5 yrs. which determines the level of research activity in a university department. The departments are graded as high as 5* and as low as 1. General League Tables Prepared by newspapers like the Sunday Times and Financial Times can also be checked.

Getting around the UK

We have every transport option imaginable in Great Britain to make your new life convenient and fun. Sindibad team has summarised a few of the options to get you from A to B conveniently and safely, as well as get you around the UK and Europe when you want to go exploring!


Going by train is one of the fastest routes to travel in the UK and an airport free route to reach the rest of Europe. Express trains can take you quickly across Britain. Local trains are also very useful for shorter distances.

Tickets and timetables

You can book tickets and check timetables online or by going into stations directly. The National Rail website is a great way to check routes and times of train journeys. You can also log onto the websites of individual train companies for travel information and discounts. It's cheaper to book train tickets in advance, online and can be even cheaper if you book with your student railcard! One good discount rail website is www.thetrainline.com If you book in advance you'll be able to reserve a seat, which makes life a lot easier. You can also book first class or standard class along with the time you want to travel. However, this can increase the cost of your ticket, so check out the different options before booking. If you are booked on a train on a certain date or time, that means you can only travel on that date and time. If you want flexibility buy an' open return' or an 'open single'. That way you can travel whatever time you want and with an open return you can make your return journey within a month of purchasing the ticket. When on the train make sure you keep your ticket with you at all times to avoid getting fined (although it rarely ever happens).

Young Persons Railcard

If you're between 16-25 years old buy a Young Persons Railcard to save a whopping 1/3 off train fares. Keep this on you when travelling and you'll soon notice the saved pounds.

Trains into Europe

You can get the Eurostar, which goes underneath the English Channel, to reach other European destinations. If you want to travel to Europe by train, you can buy an InterRail or Eurail ticket. These come in a variety of different forms depending on your length of stay, and it is also possible to get a student deal. Close


Different bus companies operate around the UK. Buses are a great way to get around cheaply, whether you're travelling around your local area or travelling further afield. Although do bear in mind a journey by bus can take longer than other modes of transport. Prices depend on the company and how far you're going, so be sure to state where you want to go and say whether you want a single (one way) or return ticket. If you want to use the buses regularly it will work out cheaper to buy a weekly or monthly pass. Close


Coaches are one of the cheapest ways for long-distance travel in Britain and can connect you to the whole of Europe. Again, book in advance to get super cheap tickets. Good companies include:
  • National Express – affordable and nationwide
  • Megabus – extremely cheap UK travel
  • easyBus - low-cost airport transfers
  • Scottish citylink - Scotland's leading coach travel service
Though they're cheap, coach trips take a long time, especially if going abroad. So remember to bring plenty of things to keep yourself entertained on the journey! Close


Taxis or 'cabs' can be expensive but can also be extremely useful. Save a local taxi number on your phone or call 118 118 and they will redirect you. In the London area text 'cab' to 60835 and you'll receive three mini-cab numbers. Your taxi fare will depend on the type of taxi you take, the time of day and whether it's on a meter (which means they charge a fixed price per mile) or whether it's based on a fixed price for a destination, so our advice is always check with the driver before the start of the journey. With safety in mind Sindibad team would also recommend you book a taxi and make sure you get the driver to confirm your name and destination when they arrive to pick you up. Your other option is to get a taxi from a taxi rank (a place where a certain firm of taxis park-up to collect customers) or hail a black cab, which some cities and towns have Close

Car Hire

Fancy a road-trip with your new mates? If you hire a car you can drive across the lush rolling British countryside at your own pace and with complete freedom. To do this you need to hold a full driving license and as a student specific rules apply to you. To find out more visit direct Gov. And remember that the British drive on the left-hand side and you might want to practice things like roundabouts on quiet roads if you aren't used to them! Close


Cycling around Britain is a fun and free way to see the sites. If you've brought your own bike with you, great, if not you are able to buy or hire them for a reasonable price. Check out the Yellow Pages or visit www.cyclehireinfo.com for more details. Transport for London operates a cycle hire programme throughout the city and you may hear locals refer to them as 'Boris bikes', appropriately named after the Mayor of London. You can either get a membership online or pay directly at the cycle stations and then pick a bicycle and pedal away! Close

Trams and tubes

Some parts of GB have trams or underground train systems which are often faster than buses, but don't go as far as trains do.

The London Underground:

The Tube is the most efficient way to get around London. And it's simple to use once you've got used to the different lines, which have a name and a colour to distinguish them. To plan your journey and to find out if there are any delays log onto TfL You can by a one day ticket or an Oyster card (that allows you to pay a fixed amount for unlimited travel for a week, month or a year which works out cheaper) at the underground stations, ticket machines or at some train stations. Your underground ticket or Oyster card allows you to travel on the underground, buses and on some trains. And remember if you have an Oyster card to tap in and out each time you travel otherwise you could incur a charge. Sindibad team also recommends you register your Oyster card online because if you lose it you can claim the remaining credits or get a refund. Glasgow, Newcastle, Liverpool and Manchester also have underground rail and tram services. You can usually buy tickets for different lengths of time and distance so check at the station or on board the tram or log onto National Rail for more information.
The Sindibad team suspects opening a bank account in the UK is at the top of your priority list! But we know the UK banking system is all very new to you, and you'll probably have loads of questions like 'How do I open a bank account?' and 'What bank account is best for me?' We've tried to answer the all-important questions to make life a little easier for you, but if after reading this you're still unsure we recommend you visit the local branch of the bank of your choice or Student Services at your university for further help.

Banking terms explained

What's the best way to bring money into the UK?

A really convenient way to bring money into the UK with you is to ask your bank at home to give you a cheque in pounds sterling (£) drawn on a UK bank. Do remember that cheques take approximately 3-5 working days to clear. Close

Why open a UK bank account?

There are many benefits to opening a UK bank account, including:

  • You will be issued with a debit card, which you can use everywhere instead of cash
  • You can withdraw money 24/7 from any ATM machine in the UK
  • You will be able to set up direct debits and standing orders
  • You can register for telephone and internet banking
  • If you work part-time your employer will most likely want to pay your wages into a UK bank account


How do I open a bank account in the UK?

Opening a bank account in the UK is usually quite simple. All you have to do is visit the local branch of your chosen bank with some ID proving who you are. It's always better to stay on the safe side and ask your bank what details you need to take with you as it varies from bank to bank, but it usually includes:

  • Your passport with student visa (if that's necessary) or your national photo ID card if you're from an EU country
  • A letter from your university/college/school called 'Letter of Introduction for UK Banking Facilities' to show your UK study details
  • A letter with your home address on it


How do I choose what bank account is best for me?

The UK is home to loads of banks and a lot of them have a specific student account for overseas students, which they tend to charge a monthly fee for but in exchange you will get a host of perks such as discounts with certain brands, contents insurance, travel insurance and special deals with mobile providers, so be sure to shop around to get the best deal! Some of the popular student accounts include the HSBC's Passport Account, Santander's International Student Account and Barclays' International Student Account. Close

Services available with UK bank accounts

Every bank in the UK should be able to offer you a ‘basic bank account', which should allow you to do the following:

  • Have money paid directly into your account
  • Take your money out at ATMs (cash points)
  • Take your money out at a Post Office cash point
  • Pay bills by standing order or direct debit
  • Shop online using a debit card
  • Check your account online or over the telephone


Can my family or employer pay money into this account from abroad?

You will need your bank to give you your International Bank Account Number (IBAN) and your Bank Identifier Code (BIC), which is also sometimes called a SWIFT code. Once you have this you can receive payment from anywhere in the world. Close

Can I bank according to Sharia principles? (Islamic banking)

Many banks in the UK have recognised that some of their Muslim customers want to bank according to Sharia principles, so you should check the website or visit your preferred bank to see if they offer this service. Close

Managing your money

We know you've probably got thousands of things to think about, but managing your money can be done really easily in a couple of different ways. Most banks allow you to set up telephone and online banking, so you can do your banking 24/7. Your bank will also send you statements regularly, either by post or email. You can even use cash machines to check your balance and in most cases get a print out of your most recent transactions. Close

In case of an emergency

Help is always at hand, as most banks have a 24-hour helpline or a customer service line, which you can ring if you've lost your card or had it stolen. There's also a number at the back of most debit cards if you have any serious questions.
British universities probably run quite differently to what you're used to, so to help you understand the British educational system we've explained a few basic things to get you started.

Teaching style at a UK university

Although teaching styles and the way courses are taught vary greatly depending on what you're studying and where, you can expect to come across some of the following:


Lectures in UK universities take place in large halls or theatres often with students from different courses. They last about an hour and usually, a lecturer delivers a presentation and students are expected to take notes. Sometimes the lecturer will distribute notes based on their presentation and you can normally download the PowerPoint slides afterwards. Lectures are less interactive than a seminar, but there is always a Q&A session at the end, which is your opportunity to challenge or get clarification on any issues.


Seminars differ from lectures as they normally take the form of an open discussion or more of a 'classroom' style lesson. It's an interactive form of teaching where the seminar tutor will discuss the points from the previous lecture and sometimes the classes are completely student led. You're often asked to prepare presentations and can sometimes be marked on your spoken contribution to the class. If this makes you a little nervous, we recommend you try and get involved vocally as early as possible, because the earlier you do it the easier it gets. If you're ever unsure of anything or have something to ask then just raise your hand – seminar tutors are there to help you!


During each module (subject), you'll be expected to hand in a series of assignments, which can depend on your chosen course but usually include essays and exams. Your seminar tutors will be able to give you some guidance about your assignments and your module handbook will also outline what is expected from you.

Group work

Group work is a typical part of university life in the UK, and in most cases you'll be working on projects and presentations together. Sometimes you'll be given a project by a company or organisation depending on the kind of course you're doing, which is a great opportunity to build links with industry. In group work the teaching staff are on hand to answer questions but leave it to the students to manage their time, interpret the task and work together as a team to prepare a formal presentation to deliver to your peers or if it's an external brief to the company or organisation. Close

How do I reference?

It is really important that you reference all your essays, which simply means highlighting the books and other research materials you've used. If you're using extracts, they should also be clearly highlighted.

The two most popular styles of referencing used at British universities are the Harvard System and the MLA style, but do check with your tutors what style the university you are studying at prefers.

You should be aware that universities take plagiarism (which is copying other people's work or printing things straight from the internet and claiming it's your own) very seriously and you can loose marks or even be expelled from your course. But remember, it's good to quote lots of work and people in your essays, just reference them correctly! Close

Useful study hints and tips

  • Ensure you make full use of all the resources on offer to you at your university – you've paid for it after all! Develop a good understanding of how your library works (there will be guided tours at the start of the academic year), as nothing beats a good library session to aid your research.
  • You will be allotted a tutor for different subjects, so if you're having trouble with a certain subject then don't be afraid to seek help. Go and see them during office hours, email them or phone them and they will do their best to help you.
  • If English is not your first language, you might find essay/assignment writing tricky at first. Sometimes other students advertise themselves as proof-readers, so look them up if you want someone to read through your work. Otherwise make full use of your English speaking friends – they won't mind glancing over what you've written!
  • University isn't just about studying – it's about fun too! Take a break from your hard work and join as many clubs and societies that interest you. These provide great relief from your courses and are a wonderful way to make friends, exercise and get involved with your university.

How does the marking system work at a UK university?

If you're doing a degree, you'll be marked in the following way:

For an undergraduate degree:

  • 1st (First Class Honours): 70% and above (clever clogs)
  • 2.1 (Second Class Honours, Division One or Upper Tier): 60-69%
  • 2.2 (Second Class Honours, Division Two or Lower Tier): 50-59%
  • 3rd (Third Class Honours): 40-49%
  • Ordinary Degree: Some universities offer a degree without honours for those who have not achieved a high enough grade for an honours degree.
  • Fail: Below 40%
For a masters degree:
  • Distinction: 70% or over (job well done)
  • Merit: 60-69%
  • Pass: 40-59%
  • Fail: below 40%
Broadly speaking, these classifications are like A,B,C & D grades, though they are a bit more flexible than that. A First Class Honours degree at a UK university is a brilliant achievement, and a 2.1 is also a very good grade. Many employers look for a 2.1 degree or above. A 2.2 degree is also a fine mark and a lot of jobs also state this as the minimum qualification required.

If you aren't doing your whole degree in the UK, make sure to look at how your English marks will be translated into your grades at your home university as that will give you a good idea what to aim for.

UK - Destination for Education

UK qualifications are recognised and respected all over the world. It is the oldest established educational system & provides a solid foundation for all skills required to do well and succeed in a globalised world economy.


The international alumni from UK institutions includes many leading politicians, thinkers and business people who have had an important influence on the world such as Bill Clinton (former President of the USA), Wole Soyinka (Nobel prize-winning author) and Imran Khan (cricket legend and politician).
The sheer variety of specialisations means finding a course that suits your real interests, your ambitions and passions.


Employers want employees who can think effectively, creatively and independently.
UK institutions use a variety of teaching and assessment methods to encourage independence, as well as mastery of the subject.
Students are expected to use the information they are given to stimulate their original thinking.


The education system provides facilities such as international students societies, planned social activities, academic support, and academic counsellors. UK has one of the lowest 'drop out rates.
Its quality is unrivaled throughout the world.
Encourages relevant skills that are marketable and sought by today's top companies.


Realisation of earning potentials sooner.
Numerous Scholarships and bursaries offered by UK institutions.
Almost free health care by National Health Service.
Student discount facilities provided free through National Union of Students membership for all students.


Vast choice of institutions, academics and subjects.
Flexible programs.
Diverse, stable social environment.


Cosmopolitan place to live.
Home to numerous ethnic groups and nationalities from around the world.
Tolerant, stable society where students learn about diverse range of people.


Compared to other educational destinations shorter duration programs.
Undergraduate - 3 years, Postgraduate - 1 year.


Applications are made only through UCAS (only 1 application can be made in an academic year).
It is an online application method.
One can apply to 6 different Universities on the same application form.
A fee of £ 15 is charged by UCAS to process applications and £ 5 if applying to just one University.
Final Deadlines:
  • Art and design - 24th March
  • Oxford / Cambridge - 15th October
  • Other programs - 30th June


Sandwich programs are made up of a combination of periods of study and time spent in industry. So the course duration extends to 4 years instead of the usual 3 years.
Foundation programs are of 1 year duration and are generally tailored for students as an alternative route to bridge between one's own qualification and which is required for entry for a degree program in a university / college.
Please note that it is advisable to meet the 1st Deadline which is

15th Jan

Students are strongly advised to apply sooner as the application process may take time due to Universities getting an overwhelming number of applications.


Application Forms available at EEC offices free of cost.
One can apply to numerous Universities.
Very few Universities charge an application process fee.
  • Certain Universities have deadlines
  • Most Universities do not have deadlines but it is advised to apply at least 6/8 months in advance (especially if applying to a Popular University).


The main intake offered by all Universities is September / October few Universities offer Jan / Feb intake also.


Attested copies of mark sheets of Std X, XII, and all the 3 / 4 / 5 years of the Bachelors degree. EEC counselors can attest these for you, on sighting the originals.
At least 2 Academic reference letters from professors who have taught you most recently. One reference in case of UG application on the UCAS application form itself.
If you have work experience then at least one work recommendation from the employer who knows you well and can comment on your professional abilities.
Statement of Purpose.
curriculum Vitae / Resume.
Photocopied score reports of GMAT / IELTS / TOEFL if available / required.
Portfolio (in case of Students applying for art and design courses).
Others (certificates / achievements at the State and National Level and extra curricular activities).