Frequently Asked Questions

Answer all of your questions

FAQs: General Information

Yes! You will benefit from an educational and networking experience in a foreign culture. You will also meet people from different backgrounds and improve your conversation skills.
A long-term program is the best choice if you have a lower English level. If you do not have much time or want to study quickly, consider an Intensive English course. Take a Vacation English course if you do not have time to apply for a student visa. For more information about the options available, please contact us.
The destination is up to you! Think about how much money you have to spend while you live abroad and what type of visa you can contact with Sindibad.If you want more guidance, please contact us to discuss different locations with you.
For most courses
you can be any level of English.
This depends on your visa and the availability at a school.
Yes, but you will need to request a new I20 and pay a fee.
If you are on a Student Visitor visa, yes. If you are on a Tier 4 visa, you cannot. Canada
Yes. However, after arrival you cannot enter a course that requires a work permit.
All other countries
Yes, but you will need to pay any fees. Your education advisor can give you a complete explanation.
Yes, if your visa allows and there is availability at your school. You should also pay your course fees in advance.
You will receive a Certificate of Attendance at the end of your course, which will show your level of English, the dates on which you have studied and your attendance.
On your first day of class, you will take an English test on your grammar, writing, listening and speaking skills. Your class level will be based on your test results.
Every student learns at different speeds, however, on average, a student needs 10 weeks to move from one level to the next.
Most the schools teach their courses purely in English. However the school will find a translator for any serious issues if necessary.
Most of our partner offer exam preparation courses such as IELTS, TOEFL ® or Cambridge exams (FCE, CAE and CPE), which you can take at your school.
In Most of our partner, the student averageis 12 students in a class, with a maximum of 15.
For most of our programs you must be at least 16 years old. However, there are summer programs for younger students.
Every School has its own calendar, and most courses are offered year-round, though there are some with a limited number of start dates. Contact with Sindibad for course availability on your desired date.
You should have valid medical insurance for your entire stay. If you need insurance, we can provide it but please tell your education advisor in advance.
Yes, the school does take full groups of students for courses.

FAQs: Visa Information

Processing times vary. It depends on the type of application you submit, and where it is processed.
Please remove this sentence (10 minute walk from the school)
You can apply of Short-term student visa, if you are aged 18 or over, and you want to study in the UK for up to six months.
You have to demonstrate to immigration officials that you have enough funds in your bank account to cover your course fees for one year or the whole length of course if shorter than a year and enough living expenses for your first 9 months stay in the UK which is calculated as £1265 per month for London and £1015 per month for everywhere else in the UK.
You must submit evidence to the UK Embassy/Consulate that you meet a minimum English language level of CEFR B1 when applying for a Tier 4 (General) student visa. The test must be on the approved SELT (secure English language test) list available on the UKVI website – please check for the most up to date list.
If your English level is below CEFR B1 (i.e. Beginner or Elementary) you can only initially apply for a Short term study visa and then would have to re-apply for the Tier 4 student visa in your home country when you have achieved the required level.
Tier 4 (General) Student Visa (from outside the United Kingdom): £322.00
Short-term Student visa 6 months (£85.00) & 11 months (£162.00)

Kindly note these prices not fixed.
You may only bring dependants if you are studying on a Tier 4 (General) student visa and you are sponsored for a course of 6 months or more.
It is important to apply well before you intend to begin your course. Many students do not realize how long the process will take, and do not leave enough time. Your application may require you to:

have certain vaccinations or – if you are coming from a tuberculosis high-risk area – a chest x-ray
• produce documents showing your finances and qualifications
• attend an interview or a biometric test.
From the moment Sindibad Education Consultancy receives your documents, it takes from 3 days to 2 weeks for students to receive their I-20.
No, the visa application fee is none refundable.
It is not recommended that you enter the U.S. after your program start date, as by U.S. law you are required to report to school on your I-20 program start date and you may be denied entry for late arrival.

To prevent problems related to late arrival, you should contact us before you enter the U.S. and ask to postpone your start date. We will bring a revised I-20 with your postponed start date.

FAQs: Accomodation

Depending on the school, and location you choose, there are two main types of housing:
Live with a family local to your school, where you can speak English with a welcoming and friendly family. Room Type: Single or Double Minimum Age: 16 Meals Provided: 2 per day; 16 per week
Live in a residence with fellow students, close to your school. Not all residences offer the same options, but most are self-catering. Minimum Age: 18
Our first priority is your welfare, and we make every effort to ensure your accommodation matches your needs. However, if you feel your accommodation is not right for you, contact the accommodation coordinator at your school to discuss your options.
Yes, you can request to stay together with a friend in the same host family, but only if your friend is studying at International Colleges, too. You should request this when booking your course.
You can choose to book either a single room or a twin room with our host families or apartments. If you book a twin room in a host family you will be placed with another student of the same sex and of similar age, each with a single bed.
This depends on the location, your accommodation preferences and budget. We offer a range of choices that can help you balance the cost with ease of travel to the school and city center. In some cities we have a small number of close accommodation options available at a higher cost. If it’s important for you to be very close to school, some schools will be better than others. In this case, you will need to book as far in advance as possible, particularly if you want to study in June or July. For more information about your accommodation options, speak to your education advisor.
Depending on availability, you can arrange an extra night at the beginning or end of your stay.

Didn't find the answer?